- BMS Insight Day
- Whitley Lecture 2018 with Helen Paynter
- Open Day 2018
- SBC Seminar – Dr Parush Parushev: From Communist Party to a Baptist Church to an International Seminary
- SBC Seminar – Rev Duncan Peters: Engaging with Muslim Background Believers
- SBC Seminar – Alan Donaldson, Embracing Chaos: How complexity theory helps us understand and respond to church decline
- SBC Commissioning Service
- SBC Seminar – Allan McKinlay – Worship: Writing and Leading
- SBC Seminar – Olive Drane on ‘Hermeneutics can be fun?’ Clowning as the language of pathos and laughter.
- SBC Seminar – Dave Lazonby / Life after SBC – working in the local church
- SBC Seminar – Yonah Matemba / Religious and Moral Education in schools
- SBC Seminar – Keith Short / charismatic gifting and its relevance to our missional endeavours
- SBC Seminar – Alan Clark / Paisley Create
- SBC Seminar – Darran Gillan / YMCA Paisley
- SBC Seminar – Becky Strawser / Jubilee House
- Open Day – Scottish Baptist College
- SBC Community Seminars – Development of Worship in the Early Days of British Churches
- SBC Community Seminars – Eddie Hester of Awana
- SBC Community Seminar – Teen Challenge UK and facing drug addiction in the Church
- SBC Community Seminars – Issues of Social Justice (Christian Aid)
- SBC Community Seminars – The Church and Mental Health
- SBC Community Seminars – Differences between Pastoral Care and Counselling
- SBC Community Seminar – Pastoral care for women who have experienced sexual assault.
- College Opening Service
- Biblical Story Telling: Creative Homiletics
- College Thanksgiving Service
- Perspectives on the relationship between science and religion (College Community Seminar)
- Post-Abortion Pastoral Care for the Church Today (College Community Seminar)
- Mission: A Tartan Weaved in Hues of Witness (College Community Seminar)
- Peace Issues Today (College Community Seminar)
- Introducing European Baptist Life (College Community Seminars)
- Repossessing Ekklesia (College Community Seminars)
- The Christian and Damaged Bonding in Early Life (College Community Seminars)
- The Liminal Ministry of the Modern Military Chaplain (College Community Seminars)
- Pastoral Issues in Bereavement (College Community Seminars)
- Baptist Assembly in Scotland
- Opening Service to celebrate the new academic year. All are welcome!
- Induction Day for all new SBC students
Welcome to the Scottish Baptist College website. SBC is a friendly community of learning, fellowship and encouragement, committed both to academic achievement and preparing people for fruitful, creative and transformational ministry and mission. Whether studying for a single module or undertaking the full BD(Hons) in Theology, students engage in discipleship of mind and heart.
Feel free to explore our website to discover more about the College, student life and our courses, and contact us if you have further questions.
BD of Theology with Pastoral Studies
This course offers participants an opportunity to think toughly and feel deeply about God, human community, who Jesus Christ is for us today, and how from a Christian perspective we respond in service and care for others.
Graduate Diploma in Pastoral Studies
The Graduate Diploma in Pastoral Studies with Work Based learning provides an integrative course of study. It combines theological learning, practical training in relevant skills and stimulus towards personal, spiritual and vocational development.
The unique student experience we offer isn’t something we offer by ourselves – we work closely with our experienced and professional partners to give the best possible service.
During my time at SBC I’ve been challenged in numerous ways, all of it for the better. Knowing that God had brought me to SBC I wasn’t really sure what I had gotten myself into, but each class stretched me and helped to develop me and it has given me an amazing start in this journey that I am on with God.
The course was both difficult and thought provoking but I loved it. The support I received from both the staff and students at SBC was above and beyond anything I could have imagined.
I am sad not to be returning in September, but I know that once a student at SBC, you are never forgotten about.
Cindy PollockBD(Hons) Graduate, 2012
“I am close to completing my final year of the BD programme at the Scottish Baptist College. My experience so far is that I have been challenged by the views of others, staff and students alike.
Moreover, as a consequence of studying the various subjects, I have found myself reflecting over my understanding of my faith and beliefs. Things I had just accepted or assumed have been shored up by learning or rethought.
Ultimately, this college is expanding my academic knowledge base and my theology as I work through what and why I believe what I do, in an environment where I am given space to be me.”
Alice McDermottBD degree in 2014 and is now minister at St James Road Baptist Church
Truly a safe place, an anvil, for thrashing ideas, expressing and testing opinions, and honing ministry skills. Personal, warm – but not in a fuzzy way, room for feisty-ness. A community of learning that promotes Christian life in the real world.
Rev James Faddesminister Leslie Baptist Church, previous modular student.
Studying at the SBC is about learning in a safe environment where everyone has a chance to have their say and not passively in a crowd. Great place to prepare for future ministry.